Forex.com Review | What Do you need to know about this broker?
Broker Type: Market Maker
Regulation: FCA, IIROC, ASIC, CFTC
Min. Deposit: US$50
Platforms: MT4, MT5
Found in: 1999
Forex.com Social Channels
forex.com review | more details about this broker
- GAIN Capital Holdings Inc - authorized by CFTC (USA)
- GAIN Capital Holdings Inc - authorized by NFA (USA)
- GAIN Capital UK Ltd - authorized by FCA (UK) registration no. 113942
- GAIN Capital Canada Ltd - authorized by IIROC (Canada) registration (view the license)
- GAIN Capital Australia Pty Ltd - authorized by ASIC (Australia) registration no. ACN 141 774 727, AFSL 345646
- GAIN Capital Japan Ltd - authorized by JFSA (Japan)
- GAIN Capital Singapore Pte Ltd - authorized by MAS (Singapore)
- GAIN Global Markets Inc. - authorized by CIMA (Cayman Islands) registration no. 25033
Forex.com Company Profile
FOREX.com is a regulated forex brand that is a part of GAIN Capital Holdings Inc (which is a publicly traded company providing online trading solutions)
The company was founded in 1999, the company today supports customers from over 180 countries with a global presence across North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific regions, provides offices, while headquartered in New Jersey (US), in Canada, UK, Hong Kong and Australia.
Forex.com provides you to the world’s most popular currencies (over 80 currency pairs and average turnover of $5.1 trillion a day, including Bitcoin and Ethereum against USD, AUD, EUR and GBP with fixed spreads and low margin) , indices, shares (without stop-specific risks, spreads from 1 pt) and commodities (with zero commission and 1% margins).
trading cryptocurrencies and other pairs at Forex.com is an easy and straight forward process. They give their traders fixed spreads, low margin and are competitive in their rates.
Forex.com review of their Trading Instruments & Conditions
Forex.com do not charge a fee on forex trades. Instead, they are compensated via the spread. When it comes to some of the largest forex pairs and shares, Forex.com has average spreads. But the broker offers below average costs for index and commodity CFDs.
The company has four different pricing models. Which one you will fall into will depend on the type of account you hold and the volume you trade. Typical spreads range from 1.9 pips to 0.84 pips.
It’s also worth noting that if you hold a premium account and deposit at least $10,000 while trading 30 standard lots per month, you can receive up to 15% off standard pricing.
Overall, if you were to compare Forex.com vs FXCM, Oanda, TD Ameritrade and other competitors, live pip spreads would be about the same, particularly for major pairs such as the EUR/USD.
Forex.com does charge an inactivity fee of $15 per month if you do not open any positions for over 90 days. However, you can contact Forex.com to temporarily disable your account and this fee can be avoided.
In addition, you can face steep rollover rates if you hold positions overnight. Fortunately for day traders, this cost should be easily avoidable.
Forex.com Trading Platform
There are three main choices offered by Forex.com to the client, which goes to the option of a proprietary platform designed by Forex.com or mainstay on popular industry software MT4 and now also MT5.
Forex.com Trading platforms
Built for serious traders that demand sophisticated trading features and analytic tools in one powerful package.
- Highly customisable dashboards and trade preferences
- Powerful charting tools, 80+ technical indicators, extensive drawing tools and more
- Advanced analytical tools including integrated trading strategies with 100s of predefined templates to choose from
Trade on a web platform optimized to deliver high performance, reliability and speed across all browsers.
- Integrated trading tools, market commentary and analysis
- Advanced charting features, 70+ technical indicators, 50+ drawing tools and more
- Seamless account management, funding and withdrawals
Never miss a market move – our iPhone and Android apps power a complete trading experience, right at your fingertips.
- Full trading capabilities with multiple order types
- Integrated news, market commentary and analysis
- Real-time trade alerts and notifications
recent update from the European ESMA set a limited maximum in order to protect clients. Therefore, again concerning Forex.com global regulation and presence, the leverage ratios will vary according to the trader’s residence, as well as under which authorization account is open. The US clients may use a max of 1:40 leverage to Forex instruments, while European entities are set to only 1:30, however, Australian clients still may enjoy leverage on Forex up to 1:400.
Forex.com Deposits and Withdrawals
FOREX.com offers just a few payment methods compared to others, but those methods are the most trusted and known ones. bank transfers and Credit/ Debit Cards.
All payments are typically processed within one banking day.
The minimum initial deposit required for a standard account is at least $50
forex.com Forex Broker
In conclusion, Etoro is a highly regulated forex broker that pretty much everything that other brokers are offering, they are owned by Gain capital that has several forex brokers and this broker is one of the few ones where US residents are allowed to trade.
- Metatrader 4
- Cryptocurrencies for trading
- Metatrader 5
- few deposit methods
- only offers two accounts types
- Not intuitive trading application on the mobile
- No promotions or bonuses.
this is a good broker but not one of our preferred brokers. they offer everything and yet nothing sets them apart