City Index Review | What Do you need to know about this broker?
Broker Type: Market Maker
Min. Deposit: 100 GBP
Platforms: MT4, Advantage Web, AT Pro
Found in: 1983
City Index Social Channels
CityIndex.com review | more details about this broker
- GAIN Capital Holdings Inc - authorized by CFTC (USA)
- GAIN Capital Holdings Inc - authorized by NFA (USA)
- GAIN Capital UK Ltd - authorized by FCA (UK) registration no. 113942
- GAIN Capital Canada Ltd - authorized by IIROC (Canada) registration (view the license)
- GAIN Capital Australia Pty Ltd - authorized by ASIC (Australia) registration no. ACN 141 774 727, AFSL 345646
- GAIN Capital Japan Ltd - authorized by JFSA (Japan)
- GAIN Capital Singapore Pte Ltd - authorized by MAS (Singapore)
- GAIN Global Markets Inc. - authorized by CIMA (Cayman Islands) registration no. 25033
- Representative Office of GAIN Capital UK Ltd in the UAE - authorized by UAE Central Bank
City Index Company Profile
City Index was founded in 1983 and it is a Global CFD and FX broker. It is regulated by top-tier regulators, like the UK FCA and the Australian ASIC.
City Index head-quarters is located in the heart of London and has over than 30 years of experience. They are owned by – GAIN Capital, which is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, serves numerous trading names around the world and is one of the largest retail and institutional trading providers ( also the owner of Forex.com).
they have a global presence with 800+ staff across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America
City Index Trading Instruments
City Index is a CFD and forex broker.
City Index has great forex and mid-range CFD offers.
Currency pairs (84)
Stock index CFDs (21)
Stock CFDs (4500)
ETF CFDs (57)
Commodity CFDs (4)
Bond CFDs (4)
You cannot change the default leverage level of the products
City Index Accounts
you can either apply for a financial spread betting or CFD trading account.
there are options between three account types
the difference shows itself in the Margin and leverage
|Trader||Premium Trader||Professional Trader|
you can apply for one of the three account types: Trader, Premium Trader and Professional Trader respectively. Another interesting additional feature from the broker is Private Client Service – is a tailor-made exclusive program for active traders who fund and maintain an account balance of £10,000 or more, and it comes with highly competitive pricing, expert trading support and some interesting perks.
the offer a full-service demo account
City Index Trading Platform
the platforms offered are
- Advantage Web platform,
- AT Pro platform (Downloadable, as well as mobile or tablet apps)
The AT Pro Platform's powerful technology offers customizable 16 types of charts, 80 indicators and actionable trade ideas by research portal highlights.
For its great performance, the platform has gained several awards for excellence and has been chosen by many traders among others specifically for its outstanding capabilities (Voted Best Spread Betting Platform | 2017 ADVFN Awards).
City Index Forex Broker
In conclusion, City index is a broker of the old days that has adapted itself pretty well to the new age. they are now going more aggressively for the cryptocurrency trading industry and with their global presence, they are a broker to consider. their product portfolio is limited, providing only forex and CFDs( Inc crypto). The desktop trading platform is not user-friendly. they are not among my favourites as I found their entire process not as smooth as I would prefer but this could because the mother company is a listed company on the stock exchange which brings more regulations and compliance.
- Diverse and high-quality research tools
- Low forex fees
- Cryptocurrencies for trading
- Great customer support
- Not user-friendly desktop platform
- High stock CFD fees
- Limited product portfolio
this is a good forex broker | but Not one of our preferred ones